Hollow-bar piles consist of three main components: the pile head, the steel tendon or compression member - including coupler and single-use drill bit - and the grout body.
The steel tendon or compression member is a hollow steel bar with a coarse, cold rolled round or trapezoidal thread and can therefore be cut or joined at any desired point.
- National approval pending
- Well suited to transport and assembly conditions as delivered in parts with couplers
- A wide selection of drill bits allows use in a wide range of soil types
- Simple to adapt to required length on site, e.g. with varying geological conditions by using partial sections with couplers
- Excellent bond between SHS-bar and cement mortar thanks to threaded ribs
- Can be closely matched to the required loads thanks to wide range of cross-sections
- Facilitates rapid building progress since drilling, installation and injection of the pile are carried out in a single operation
yield load 0.2%